How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16291
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to take a strong anti inflamatory since I

Customer Question

I would like to take a strong anti inflamatory since I noticed I have neoroma because t of my toes are separating from eachother. I looked up on the web and it explained that the nerves are being block from inflamation.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have been under Dr. care because of 2 TIA's and just had an MRI and blood work and he is sending me for balance therapy which I think I walk just fine. but I know I do have inflamation before I even noticed my toes, except it feels like I have tape on the bottom of my feet
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: The tape feeling on the bottom of my feet has been about 6 months that I noticed it.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I do have Afib, vertigo, and had hiatel hernia surgery which opened up again and know I was told I also have a hernia above the hiatal hernia. I also had back surgery with rods and screws on L4 and L5, Gee I sound like a wreck but actually doing great, even play golf twice a week
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.


Do you possibly mean a Morton's neuroma? These are diagnosed by imaging; usually an ultrasound or MRI.

An anti-inflammatory is not advisable with a history of hiatal hernia, and possibly not after two TIAs. A cortisone injection is a better treatment if it is a neuroma, along with physical therapy, orthotics, and soft shoes. If necessary, outpatient surgery can be preformed to remove the neuroma.

Here is some more information about it:

A podiatrist is the specialist to see about your feet.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Kind regards,