Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

Raw, red, irrated crack, This is the second time. Almost

Customer Question

Raw, red, irrated butt crack
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: This is the second time. Almost like it is splitting, itchy, raw. Over a week
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Sjogren's
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. My name is***** and I will be helping you today. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your description, the likely cause here can be a fungal infection. This site is very common for such infections. Don't worry, I will address your question in two aspects; what you can do yourself and what your doctor can do for you. You can use a mixture of over the counter available 1% hydrocortisone cream and clotrimazole cream twice daily. Wash the area with soap and water and let it dry in open air. After that you can apply the cream. Moreover you should take otc tablet Aleve twice daily and tablet claritin once daily. If you start feeling better after 3 days, continue all the measures for 14 days. Stop Aleve after 3 to 4 days. If you don't feel better after 3 days, see your doctor as sometime there are associated bacterial infections as well for which antibiotics are required. I reassure you that nothing is serious and you are going to be alright. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want as I am here to assist you till you are satisfied. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards