DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I got a bruised feeling in in chest ribs and back and my

Customer Question

Hi i got a bruised feeling in in chest ribs and back and my left shoulder and arm and fingers ache and feeled bruised have coughed up blood a couple of times and feel a little bit breathless
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: I have had the cough for 2 years sometimes get sweaty temp is normal and no weight loss just feel like something is there
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Have gallstones
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Coughing up blood is not normal.

Given the pains, there can be a lesion in the lung.

You need a CT of the chest at this point.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I only coughed up blood when i took pain killers since i stopped no blood why do you think it could be