DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

I missed the last second active birth control pill, and I

Customer Question

Hi, I missed the last second active birth control pill, and I was five hours late for the last active pill, so I took them together, what else should I do. And I had sex couple of hours before the time I should take the second last pill
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: I have a good health condition and it is my first time asking this kind of information
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so, nothing abnormal
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

If you miss one pill, you take two pills and then continue.

This should not interrupt your coverage.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, just use reply and come back. I am here

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i missed one pill and five hours late for the last active pill, and I took them together, I can still take the suger pill. I don't need to skip the suger pills and start the new package immediately??
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

No

You can continue normally at this point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i don't need to take morning-over pill even if I had sex before the time I should took the missed pill? And I'll definitely be not pregnant if I get my period later?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

You can take the morning after pill if within 72 hours.

If you get your period later, you are not pregnant.

If you have concerns, see your doctor and test.