How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 46271
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had unprotected sex with a female partner and I noticed

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: i had unprotected sex with a female partner and I noticed clusters of black blisters around the shaft of my penis
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

how old are you?

can you upload a clear jpg photo of these black blisters here so I can better help you?

do you see the upload file link here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i will add the photo now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 27 year old male
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
have you received the photo?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

I see. that looks like folliculitis inflammation of the hair follicles

sometimes due to bacterial infection.

did you shower and wash with soap after sex? this would be important to do to get rid of bacteria in the area.

you need to see a doctor and see if you need a course of antibiotics to clear up this case of bacterial folliculitis infection.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is not genital warts or herpes?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

no, it doesn't look like genital warts

herpes would cause painful ulcers.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They were quite painful and tender after intercourse. They are a bit itchy now. Which antibiotics do you recommend. Be assured I will give you a postiive rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please help because i think i have infected my wife also
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

then both of you need to see a doctor and get treated with antibiotics.

skin antibiotics like keflex (cephalexin) is usually what is tried first

a skin culture can also tell what might be causing the infection there as well.