Onlinedoc
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
2598649

I have had a sweet taste in my mouth for over a week now.

Customer Question

I have had a sweet taste in my mouth for over a week now. Tastes like artificial sweetener is always on my tongue.should I see a doctor? I don't have high blood sugar or even pre diabetes...was recently checked. I have had gerd forever, but never this sweet taste, and I take 40mg omeprozole bid!
JA: Have you noticed any recent swelling? Do you have any tooth pain?
Customer: Neither...and just boosted the dentist a week and a half ago for cleaning.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take saxenda for weight loss. Am 40# *****
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

Apart from diabetes metabolic disorders and gastrointestinal disorders can cause sweet taste in mouth. Oral hygiene is another issue which need to be considered for the causative of sweet taste in mouth. People who are burning fat faster can experience sweet taste in mouth.

I hope this helps

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anything I can do to get my mouth to stop tasting like this? I don't have any of the aforementioned except gerd, which I can't do anything more to control
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

You can try to do mouth wash after meals.Cleaning the tounge and oral cavity after meals may be helpful.

GERD may be a factor.

HbA1C test may be considered to rule out hyperglycemia.

Take warm soups and avoid heavy and fried foods.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

Thanks.

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.
Thanks.