Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have pcos and took provera too see my period cause i have

Customer Question

I have pcos and took provera too see my period cause i have not see my period in 2 years. Now my period has been on for 7 days. What can i take to stop my period or let it stop on its own?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you in any pain?
Customer: I have had pcos a long time. I just have cramping pain and bleeding heavy i guess where i have not see my period for 2 years
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No only pcos
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you need proper treatment for your polycystic ovarian syndrome.

your ovaries could be producing too much androgens and causing weight gain and diabetes and this can cause you to not have a period.

you need to regulate your cycles with birth control pills and you may need to take metformin to help your body be more sensitive to insulin.

you need to talk to your primary care doctor or see an endocrinologist about this.

let me know if you have questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on metformin. I take it once a day 500mg.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

that is good

you need to be on a birth control pill as well.

that can help you regulate your monthly cycles.