DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Practice Director
24257177

Very Low Vitamin D, gh TSH, low B12, IBS-D. Monitoring

Customer Question

Very Low Vitamin D, high TSH, low B12, IBS-D. Monitoring thyroid, but the TSH has been btwn a 5-6 for 6 years now and all the watching is doing what for me? So I was told to try gluten-free, and I am wondering how long it takes to see a difference if that is infact causing some of these issues to arise
JA: When was the last time you had your levels checked? Have you noticed any weight loss or weight gain?
Customer: just last week, this gluten free thing is new. only about a week and half in. My weight went very up from a medication I no longer take in 2010 (same time my TSH went up) and I have only been able to lose 11 of the 51lbs I gained in that year despite everything I have tried
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take anti-anxiety med- lorazepam. I don't take any others. I just feel like keeping being told to wait and watch and test when im symptomatic is incredibly frustrating and no real explanation as to why
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

One does not watch a TSH at that level.

It is hypothyrodism.

THose who are treated have much better outcomes.

You need to see an endocrinologist who is up to date.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-thomas/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did go to the endocrin and that was his plan.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

OK

so what is your question exactly?