How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 46282
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have swelling from thumb up hand and arm. Hurts to touch

Customer Question

I have swelling from thumb up hand and arm. Hurts to touch and bend wrist ???
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

I am sorry you are having these pains.

you could be having flair up of osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis in your thumb and hand and arm

you need to elevate your arm above your heart to reduce swelling

and ice the hand and arm and see a doctor right away

you could have an infection or compartment syndrome or bad carpel tunnel syndrome or bad arthritis of the joints there

you should go to the ER or hospital right away for evauation

do you have a hospital or ER close to you?

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

Thanks for using