How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 64285
Experience:  Practice Director
Type Your Health Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have periphial edema in my lower calf, ankle and foot. I

Customer Question

I have periphial edema in my lower calf, ankle and foot. I have had an assortment of blood tests, all normal except for cholesterol which i have been taking medicine for. I had a echo (ultra sound) stress test all normal. It swells after sitting for sometime (at work) but did not swell on the weekend. I also have alot of unexplained bruising on my arms and legs, especially my forearms and back of my knee. Do I need to go to a cardiovascular specialist? Thank u for your time
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: My mom died when I was 10, she was 29 of a cerebral hemorrage, Grand ma had diabetes and high blood pressure
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Being treated for high blood pressure, high cholesteral, Vitamin B!2 & Vitamin D defiency, Hyperglycemia. I am 59 years old. My meds are...Metroprolo 100 1x day, amlodopine 10mg 1x, crestor 60mg 1x, cymbalta 60 2x, vitamins
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


I think you need an ultrasound of the legs.

This can be bad veins, or even a blood clot.

Your regular doctor can order this.

OK, so you might have more questions or want to give me more information: Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. Also, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent—that’s how we are paid, per rating]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here