How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 64273
Experience:  Practice Director
Type Your Health Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can h-pylori cause urinary tract infection? : Yes.

Customer Question

Can h-pylori cause urinary tract infection?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes. Amoxicillin, Clarithromycin,Omeprazole
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes I have a submucosal tumour in my stomach
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: The tumour since 2014 the h-pylori two weeks ago
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Andrea Tavlan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is Dr. Tavlan
H. pylori has never been found to infect any other part of people besides the stomach, so the H. pylori you have would not be causing a UTI. However, if you have UTI symptoms, you may have a completely separate germ causing it. Many UTI germs are resistant to the antibiotics you are taking for the H. pylori, so just being on the antibiotics wouldn't prevent you from getting a UTI. Have you been experiencing urinary symptoms?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


In fact there is emerging evidence of the role of h pylori in bladder and prostate disease

Including infections.

See this abstract.

You need a culture of the urine, and if nothing were found among normal bugs, you would then need to see a urologist.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me anytime by request for safe, complete and accurate answers.

Please click a positive