How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17823
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a red circle on the one side of my scrotum about the

Customer Question

I have a red circle on the one side of my scrotum about the size of a dime. Doesn't hurt or itch it's just red and wrinkly and I'm not sure what it is.
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? What seems to make the symptoms worse or better?
Customer: I just noticed it today. It wasn't there yesterday. It hasn't changed since this morning.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I don't think so. I haven't had sex in about 6 months and before that I was with the same person for 4 years and never seen this. Years ago I did have a yeast infection on my groin that looked similar to this but that's all I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Can you send picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I sent it but I'm not sure if it went through or not
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for all the information,

There can be a few possibilities.

It can be from allergy or dermatitis.

OTC Hydrocortisone cream can help allergy.

You can try Hydrocortisone first.

A yeast infection is also common here as you had before.

Lamisil cream is used in yeast infection.

If you do not see improvement, I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this something that is contagious? Does it look like an std? Like I said I haven't been with anyone in at least 6 months and with the same girl 4 years before that and never had an issue.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

It does not look like STD.

Allergy is not contagious.

Fungal infection can be contagious but can be treated.

If OTC medicine does not help you may need prescription medicine by consulting doctor in person.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any more query?

Related Health Questions