How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29245
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband fell while holding a sawhorse. He tried to drop

Customer Question

My husband fell while holding a sawhorse. He tried to drop the sawhorses and fall onto his knees, but the sawhorse under his right arm caught him under the arm and twisted him to the grown as he feel. He twisted something in his back and is struggle with walking and finding a comfortable position to sit. He thinks going to the Urgency clinic is unnecessary as he believes it's just a twisted muscle. I'm convinced he should as he's in so much pain.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Severe pain will respond to IV pain medications well.

If no other symptoms like leg or arm weakness, tingling, numbness, then muscle sprain is most likely explanation.

Over the counter Ibuprofen 3 tabs with food every 6 hours along with warm heat can be tried for pain relief.

A muscle relaxant like flexeril will be better but will need prescription.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: