How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29034
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My granddaughter has recurring fevers of 103-104 and these

Customer Question

My granddaughter has recurring fevers of 103-104 and these seem to happen about every month to month and a half, and she also has mild nose bleed some times, she has been to the doctor and they ruled out autoimmune disorders and said her blood counts are good with the exception of slightly elevated white counts. She is 9 years old and this has been goin on now for about a year. Should she be taken to a specialist and if so what kind of specialist?
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms?
Customer: This is my 9 year old granddaughter and no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No she has been to the doctor every time she has a fever, but they find nothing and keep saying its viral.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Nose bleeds can be due to the hereditary bleeding disorder like von Willebrand disease.

Also immune system defect can cause recurrent infections and fever.

That should be looked into with proper blood tests.

A hematologist should be consulted with for further evaluation.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: