Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Can the HPV virus return on it's own after a 6 month check

Customer Question

Can the HPV virus return on it's own after a 6 month check up (pap smear) after being diagnosed .came back normal? I noticed a skin-tag wart in my private area as well as a tingling sensation. It may not even be that. if it is, just wondering if it can return or does this mean my husband is still intimate with the woman he had an affair with ...???
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello ,

Let me clarify get clarification on your situation...

You were diagnosed with an HPV virus by previous PAP ? ( PCR enhanced PAP may detect the virus ..)

A "normal PAP" we need to be careful in looking at INTERPRETATION as 2 tests at different times may be different levels of testing ....

Once you have the virus it is expected that it may be dormant within cells ...

A skin tag may be just that ...not necessarily a wart ...

Tingling sensation may be for different reasons and is not typical of HPV as symptom of that ....

Let me know what other details may be helpful

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD