How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 46707
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Hemoglobin A1C test came back at 5.7 Should I be worried,

Customer Question

my Hemoglobin A1C test came back at 5.7 Should I be worried
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I'm a healthy 61 year old woman. I had routine blood work done and my sugar was at 101. Dr ordered the A1C test and it came back 5.7
JA: In general, how has your health been lately? How long have you been dealing with the issue?
Customer: my health has been fine. I've never had this issue
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: noe that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

you shouldn't be worried.

but you and your doctor should continue to watch your glucose levels and you have to watch your weight

increased weight gain can increase your risks for diabetes

An A1C level between 5.7 and 6.4 percent is considered prediabetes

but not all cases of prediabetes progresses to diabetes

you should eat healthy and exercise regularly to prevent weight gain to maintain your good health.

you may benefit from seeing a nutritionist and seeing an exercise therapist as well to help you

let me know if you have questions.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

do you have any other questions?