Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I received a scraped elbow from a fall into a small pond. I…

Customer Question
I received a scraped elbow...
I received a scraped elbow from a fall into a small pond. I began taking 450 mg. of Clndamycn every 12 hours within ne day f the fall. That was last Tuesday morning and the elbow is still red, swollen, and oozing pus. What should I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
5/29/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Gehring, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor (MD)

Hi there,

I am Dr. Hoellering and pleased to help you with your question.

I am afraid you didn't scratch your skin only, but bruised the bursa below it. You will need to see a surgeon to find out if a local therapy will help, or if the bursa has to be removed. I hope that this won't be necessary, but if so, it's only a little operation.

I wish you the very best!

You have read my answer but didn't rate positively yet. Please don't forget it, but feel free to ask if anything is not quite clear yet!

I answered your question quickly and correctly. You paid some deposit to get an answer, but your expert only gets paid when you rate positively. Please do so or let me know if anything is not quite clear yet. Thank you and all the best!

Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring
Dr. Gehring, Doctor (MD)