How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5660
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Too! Weird. I have been having right shoulder pain for quite

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****! Weird. I have been having right shoulder pain for quite some time. I finally went to the doctor for it and they did an x-ray and an MRI which just showed some tendonosis but nothing to serious. About a week after the MRI - this last Friday, the intensity of the pain increased dramatically and I started having shooting pain across my chest, in to my neck and in my ear. I also could no longer move my arm. I went to the doctor immediately and they gave me a shot for pain and prescribed muscle relaxers and pain meds until I could see an orthopedic specialist.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the neck pain? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: The nerve pain has since settled down now. My doctor ordered a neck x-ray which came back fine. The pain I'm now having is when my arm is at my side and not supported I feel a lot of pain at my collar bone region.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have painful swelling in my collar bone region now. I also had a blood test a couple weeks back that showed elevated liver enzymes (ALT = 79 and AST = 52).
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.


Welcome to Just Answer/Pearl and thanks for your question.

Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad you are going to see an orthopedic specialist since that should help sort out your problem.