How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16329
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner has a large cyst on his middle back area that has

Customer Question

My partner has a large cyst on his middle back area that has been there for years but has got larger over the past two years. He works away and since he left two weeks ago he says the lump has gotten sore 24/7...he has now noticed a ten cent piece size new lump on his inner thigh near the groin....he has just under 2 wks left away....what should we do? Come home and seek assistance?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: He doesnt feel unwell...the 2nd lump has just been noticed todsy and looks very red
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.


He needs to see a medical provider, either at home or away. The lump on his back is probably a lipoma, a benign fatty tumor. There are common and nothing needs to be done about them unless they cause discomfort. This one has evidently become large enough to press on nerve endings and cause pain. The lump on his inner thigh may be a boil. There is no way to tell without his seeing a medical provider. If his back is bothering him that much, he should probably come home.

Please let me know if you have additional questions about this.

Kind regards,

NP Schuyler