Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

MY HUSBAND, NOW DECEASED WAS, IN 2014 DIAGNOSED WITH RIGHT…

Customer Question
MY HUSBAND, NOW DECEASED...

MY HUSBAND, NOW DECEASED WAS, IN 2014 DIAGNOSED WITH RIGHT SIDE HEART FAILURE DUE TO EXTENSIVE EXPOSURE TO ASBESTOS ON BOTH LUNG SHOWING PLEURAL THICKENING.

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

IN A RECENT POST MORTEM, HOWEVER, THE PATHOLOGIST MENTIONS SIGNS OF PLEURAL PLAQUE. HOW CAN IT BE THAT PLEURAL THICKENING WAS SHOWING ON 2014 AND AFTER HIS DEATH 4 MONTHS AGO, THE PATHOLOGIST MENTIONS PLEURAL PLAQUE?

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

I DON'T THINK SO.............MY CONCERN IS THAT THE RECENT POST MORTEM SHOWED PLEURAL PLAQUE.......BUT IN AN X RAY IN 2014, THE RADIOLOGIST MENTIONS BILATERAL PLEURAL THICKENING

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
5/12/2016
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

I am sorry for your loss of your husband.

asbestos exposure can cause pleural plaques which can be seen on chest xray to be pleural thickening.