Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I've already had mononucleosis and now my granddaughter has

Customer Question
it is possible for me...
I've already had mononucleosis and now my granddaughter has it is possible for me to get it again. I have multiple sclerosis and Sjogren's syndrome and I don't need anything else
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: My son wants me to come and help watch my granddaughter she's nine years old
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
5/10/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Mononucleosis is rare to recur. But with your low immunity status; there is a very tiny chance of recurrence. So you may consider avoiding coming in contact with your grand daughter.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not very great

I know this is not a good news. Risk is extremely low, but it is there.

I have to convey an honest answer.

We all want to be with our grand-kids; especially when they are not well. So I can understand you won't be feeling good.

Please see these authentic references;

http://answers.webmd.com/answers/1198029/can-you-get-mono-twice

http://www.mayoclinic.org/mononucleosis/expert-answers/faq-20058564

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)