Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I'd like to know if there's a medical Way, Laser or

Customer Question

I'd like to know if there's a medical Way, Laser or something else that can remove very old year old track marks
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I don't even know whether to see a dermatologist or plastic surgeon and since I have to pay for all this myself I'm not even sure if there's a technique available that would help with this. They are keloid scars on the inside of my elbow on both ends
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: No, I am clean off all drugs and have been for years but I am sick of trying to cover them with makeup and wear long sleeves in the summer. They don't seem to go away even though I've used a million different things to try to get rid of them
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Are you asking about keloid?

Can you send a picture?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I took a picture but I can't figure out how to send you the picture
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now it looks like you may have gotten it I don't know this is weird
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
At this point, I am in a really good place in my life but I live in a very hot climate and it is horrible not to be able to wear short sleeves
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm desperate here for a way to get rid of them. Even if it is a costly thing it would be worth it so I can move on with my life for good and not have the reminders
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just don't want to pay for a bunch of different visited visits two different type of doctors that may not be able to help. I'm not sure if I should see a dermatologist, Vein Clinic, plastic surgeon? Or if there's even an answer on how to get rid of them
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

I have got the picture.

Please wait.

I am writing your answer.

It can take a couple of minutes.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for all the information,
I would suggest to take an examination by a dermatologist.
Different modalities of treatment are used in this condition.
Occlusive dressings are used.
Steroid can be injected into the scar.
Cryotherapy, laser treatment can be helpful.
There are a few other treatment options like interferon, 5 fluouracil, tacrolimus, imiquimod 5% cream etc.
Till you get an appointment with a dermatologist, you can try OTC hydrocortisne cream.
I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.
Regards.