Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
93434137

Ok the day after having intercourse with my girlfriend my

Customer Question

Ok the day after having intercourse with my girlfriend my scrotum started feeling irritated, kinda like burning and itching mix, and my pee hole(for lack of a better term) felt slightly irritated. I started putting lotrimin on it and it eases it for awhile
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I itch all over
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

I understand you have a few symptoms right now.

What's bothering you the most?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just the discomfort, it's not agonizing, but annoying. And the more I stress on it the more bothersome it is. I have no discharge

The burning you are describing from your urethra is consistent with urethritis which needs to be treated with antibiotics. When was the last time you were checked for STDs?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A little over a year ago

So I would have a physician prescribe you antibiotics and get checked for STDs to make sure it's not due to anything like gonorrhea or chlamydia.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does it sound anything like herpes?

Do you have any visible lesions on your genitals?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I do not

So then it does not sound like herpes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would symptoms of an std show up literally 8-10 hours after intercourse?

Gonococcal and nongonococcal urethritis can be an STD but can be caused by a bacterial infection. I only recommended STD screening to rule out any other potential causes which would require additional treatment

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help, like I said I've been stressing and anxious

You're welcome. You have no reason to be anxious about anything at this time. Please don't forget to leave a rating, thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more thing, should I go to a urologist or general practician?

General practioner

Is there anything else I can help you with today?