How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35769
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother seems to have chronic microvascular ischemic

Customer Question

My mother seems to have chronic microvascular ischemic disease and her doctor does not take it seriously. I am desperate for help as she trusts him and I think he is a bad doctor. He has even told her to stop taking Tegretol which she has take for years for her nerves and she is becoming mean and unbearable to live with. I feel like I'm dying on the inside as she thinks nothing is wring but it's killing our family.
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.


I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

What are her symptoms?

What are the investigations done?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She has had a catscan and the name of that disease was written in the report. She started with what seemed like Tinnitus and has falls, headaches, and chest pains which the doctor says is an ulcer. There is a treat,meant to cure ulcers in Austrlia and he has not offered it to her.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear about your mother. I agree that Tegretol should not be stopped when it was being taken for long time. It has been seen that patients develop immense faith in their doctors whom they are seen for very long time. And thus they do not want to change them. With various issues affecting your mother, she needs to be referred to an higher center where at least a neurologist and gastroenterologist should see her and do necessary further work up to chalk out a comprehensive treatment plan. Best are the hospitals attached to a medical school as doctors work under the same roof, are academic oriented and work in tandem.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for listening as I have no-one else to turn to about this. It really is soul destroying. Just your little chat has made me feel a bit better is knowing that I am correct about her physician.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome.

Patients who remain long term with a single doctor and who have chronic issues may many times be neglected as doctors may not be able to distinguish the mental issues with the physical problem. The error obviously is due to negligence and error of judgement and should be avoided at all cost.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile: