Dr. David, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Experienced and Compassionate Physician Trained in NYC Ready to Help.
41363181

I have been having pain in my right breast for over 6

Customer Question

Hi, I have been having pain in my right breast for over 6 months. I have had this pain before but it went away. Now the pain is consistent and gets worse with certain movements like laying on my right side. It feels like I have torn muscle fibers in my breast. It is dull and aching at times but mostly sharp pulling type pain.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: there is a history of cancer in the females of my family but I have not heard of any of them having breast cancer. Last year there were cloudy spots on my mammogram that looked like calcifications. The repeat mammogram did not show them.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

This is Dr. David

breast cancer doesn't typically cause pain in the breast

pain in the breast is usually due to a pulled pectoralis muscle

or a breast infection like mastitis

heavy lifting or pushing or pulling can cause a pulled or strained or torn pectoralis muscle behind the breast which can cause pain.

how old are you?

you should get a chest CT scan to look for pulled muscles in your chest, and other causes of pain your breast.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am 45. I have pulled this muscle before but it didn't last this long and the pain was not constant.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

it sounds like you have pulled this muscle again.

it could be a more serious strain.

you should get a scan of that muscle.

you might need treatment for a torn or strained muscle in your chest

this doesn't sound like breast cancer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok..thank you
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com