How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dochealey Your Own Question
dochealey, Senior Consultant
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 7179
Experience:  Physician and Surgeon
Type Your Health Question Here...
dochealey is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Trying to understand my MRI results. JA: The Doctor will need

Customer Question

Trying to understand my MRI results.
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me just a bit more information so the Doctor can help you best. For example have you seen a Doctor for this and if so, has there been a diagnosis?
Customer: Just been back to GP for MRI results. He is referring me to a back specialist and for physio. Whilst there I asked for a copy of the report.Small central bulge at C3/4 and C5/6 effacing the central sac - no spinal cord abnormality or cord/root compression
Multifocal vertebral haemangiomas noted involving almost vertebral body of T10, anterior portion of T3 and mid portion of L3.
Bulge located medially in the spinal canal and distal in thecal sac which retracts the roots laterally - no ill defined lesions are noted
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: back pain and sciatica
JA: Back pain is rough -- it's hard to focus on anything other than being uncomfortable. Let's put your question in front of the neurologist, so that they can get you some answers ASAP. When did the pain start? Any time with pain is too long. Glad you're reaching out to one of the neurologists we work with -- that's smart. Any recent injuries?
Customer: just trying to understand if anything is wrong from mri results
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  dochealey replied 1 year ago.
I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.
Expert:  dochealey replied 1 year ago.
It is possible that your back pain is due to the hemangiomas in your spine.
You need to see a neurosurgeon for assessment of hemangiomas.
Neurosurgeon can plan further course of action depending upon the correlation of your back pain with finding of hemangioma on your MRI.
Minimally invasive treatment can be considered for treating him angioma with injection of sclerosing agents. But you neurosurgeon would be the one making this decision.
Feel free to ask any follow up question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks, ***** ***** the bulges - are these to be concerned about?
Expert:  dochealey replied 1 year ago.
The disc bulges are nothing to be concerned about.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
would the bulges be causing my pain?
Expert:  dochealey replied 1 year ago.
No they wouldn't.