How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Michael Salama Your Own Question
Michael Salama
Michael Salama,
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 715
Experience:  Medical director at San Miguel Medical Clinic
Type Your Health Question Here...
Michael Salama is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had an ear ache all morning and now there is drainage

Customer Question

I have had an ear ache all morning and now there is drainage from my ear. This is a throbing pain that extends to my jaw and I have a slight headache. What should I do if I do not have an Eer doctor?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like you have what's called acute serous otitis media which is an ear infection with drainage. You will likely need to be on another antibiotic after a doctor looks at it. You can go to a regular doctor or even some pharmacies that have nurse practioners who can prescribe you the medication.

Let me know if you have any other questions. If not, please don't forget to leave a positive rating as that's the only way I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.

Expert:  Michael Salama replied 1 year ago.

Is there anything else I can help you with today