How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Anthony Bray, MD Your Own Question
Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 10341
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Anthony Bray, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I believe that I have a staph infection and have had it for

Customer Question

I believe that I have a staph infection and have had it for about a year. It keeps spreading. What type of doctor should I be going to see?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I started having blister/pimple type things on my butt and the crease under my butt. Then started getting them under my right armpit. Once the bump wasn't painful anymore, it left dark spots where the bump was. Now the are spreading more under my right armpit down the side of my torso and have now spread to the left side also.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have lupus and three and a half years ago multiple bilateral pulmonary emboli. I am on Xarelto now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.


You may see an infectious disease specialist as a good option for you. The location of boils may fit with problem of Hydradinitis suppurativa...

You may use an antibacterial soap -- HIBICLENS is over the counter at any pharmacy and this is similar as soap surgeons use to scrub prior to surgery ....

Also potential help if you have staph colonized skin may be to start bath with 2 and 1/ 2 inch water ...add 1/2 cup bleach ...kills staph on contact ...2 such baths a week for a few weeks may help clear your skin..

You may benefit from oral plus topical antibiotic for the skin.

That step requires prescription...

Primary care doctor or dermatologist or surgeon may be of help for you ...

Cultures may be helpful to identify possible antibiotic resistant strains such as MRSA....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD