Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

My name is ***** ***** and I'm 45 yrs old. I noticed some

Customer Question

Hi, My name is ***** ***** and I'm 45 yrs old. I noticed some post cycle bloating that hasn't gone down. I usually have a very flat lower tummy and I exercise eat right etc.... I've even lost 5 lbs intentionally to see if my belly would flatten. It has not. It's been almost a week. The only thing I did differently in this time was try a cold pressed vegetable juice?? Tons of greens and tumeric all good stuff I think?? I'm worried but have normal cycles and I may be slightly pre-menopausal but nothing to speak of. I will of course get an ultrasound but my anxiety over it is bad. Any thoughts??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I should also mention that I have no pain and little diarrhea from anxiety maybe?? Maybe not going as much becx of the diarrhea.... I'm usually more regular as far as eliminating bowels
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Some key details of your history of feeling bloated seem to include that it has been SHORT TERM/ corresponding in time to you having some DIARRHEA --- also you seem to indicate recent CHANGES IN DIET ---

So it sounds from these factors that it may most probably be related to intestinal gas...

Bacteria in the GI tract may cause gas as they break down certain foods ...

The recent diarrhea may fit with a change in the bacteria make up of the GI tract flora ....

You may benefit from products to help with gas such as Gas-X....

You may benefit to try a probiotic

DIARRHEA may benefit to try Pepto Bismol one dose after each loose stool up to 7 doses in a day up to 5 days....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

I will be happy to get back with you If you have further questions or concerns

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD