How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5660
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I moved to a new state back in January. I've been on

Customer Question

Hi. I moved to a new state back in January. I've been on fentanyl patches x 5 years under a pain management physician in my old state. Because of my HMO insurance, I have to get a referral from the primary. Unfortunately, 4 months later, I'm still having issues getting to see a pain management physician and my primary doc is uncomfortable writing for enough Norco 10 to last until I can see the pain management specialist. What can I do?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: Will I have to retype the story?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 1 year ago.


What is the hold up with getting in to see pain management? Does your current primary have copies of your old records from pain management in your former state?