Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

It's been 19 mos since I had a papilloma removed from my…

Customer Question
It's been 19 mos since...
It's been 19 mos since I had a papilloma removed from my right breast. The past 2 wks I've been experiencing sharp pain. Sometimes shooting sometimes burning in my right breast. The nipple feels as if it is "asleep". The pain has been constant more so the past 24 hrs and my breast has started to itch. There has not been any visible discharge. I know papilloma are benign, so I'm hesitant to call the dr. But the pain is making me nervous.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
4/12/2016
Health Professional: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

Your symptoms are potentially suspicious but NON-SPECIFIC ..

Similar to feeling a lump I would treat this the same way...

See your doctor and have it checked further ...

Breast exam/ ultrasound / mammogram / possibly MRI are potential options to take a closer look....

Symptoms could be nothing more than related to the gradual retraction of scar tissue ....

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns or discussion.

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback

Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD