Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Uti been on antibotics for a week still on home test shows

Customer Question

Uti been on antibotics for a week still on home test shows positive I am not sure what else to do
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: I been sick for over a week with a fever an nausea been to doctor twice test positive for uti been on sulfamethoxazole tmp ds tablet twice a day drinking water it's somewhat better but not completley
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
Continue your antibiotic but plan follow up with your doctor ...you should be turning to feel better by now ...your situation calls for follow up...you may have a more serious kidney infection and not just bladder...
Possible that this UTI may have resistance to the antibiotic
These possible problems may be checked out ...
For now though continue your current antibiotic/ push plenty of fluids and may help to add vitamin C 500 mg twice a day
I hope that this information is helpful for you
Let me know if you have furher questions
I will be happy to get back with you
If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback
Thank you and Best Regards!
Anthony Bray MD