Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have spoke with you before. I had a mammogram in sept with

Customer Question
an ultrasound. Showed two simple...
I have spoke with you before. I had a mammogram in sept with an ultrasound. Showed two simple cysts. Had another ultrasound in December late cuz I wasn't sure if I was feeling the same cysts. But I was. I keep checking my breast on that side and they one of them doesn't seem to move as much but still mushy. In an ultrasound does it show canceorus spots months and months before a patient can fee them. Simple cysts can turn cancerous from what I have been told. Am I worrying over nothing
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
4/9/2016
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 1 year ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

I'm sorry to hear that you are still worried about this. Cysts in breasts are so common that we no longer call it fibrocystic breast "disease" because it is a normal finding. Cysts aren't tumors and aren't malignant, and have little to no potential to become malignant. I think you are just worrying yourself over nothing.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
But would a new spot that could be cancerous pop up that fast where I could fee it in 3 months

No it wouldn't. Cancer develops very slowly, not in a matter of a couple of months.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I should be cancer free since I had an ultrasound in sept and dec? Like almost a 0% chance then

That is correct.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
since I get mammograms every year and I have for the last 3-4 years then if something were to develop by my next mammo this summer then it would be caught so early that I would be ok? See my kids grow up?

That is also correct. Having a mammogram every year would catch any cancer early when the odds are great that it can be cured. That is why we do them every year.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Why do sometimes cysts feel mushy and harder other days

They respond to hormones which fluctuate on a daily basis. If you are checking your breasts daily you will drive yourself crazy. You should pick one day a month, preferably right after your period when breasts are less sensitive and examine them that one time only.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am checking them daily. It worries me that the ultrasound missed something. I don't know why....but woman to woman you really don't feel I have anything to worry about since I had these 2 ultrasounds in sept and dec? You are confident the radiologists would have seen something back then if I were to be feeling something now

Woman to woman I don't think you have anything to worry about. Breasts will feel different on a daily basis, which is why you should choose one day a month to examine them. That is the only way you can really compare apples with apples. If there was anything to see, they would have seen it in one of the ultrasounds.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ultrasounds can see something waaaaaay before we can feel them?

Of course they can :-)

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Like 3-6 months?

Sometimes even a year or more.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wow!! I didn't realize that. So it's ok that sometimes a cyst can feel hard sometimes then

Yes, they will feel differently from day to day.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My husband checked me and everything is mushy lol and no hard spots

Very good :-) Please don't forget a positive rating for me.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is it common for cysts to never go away. The ones from my ultrasound I can still feel all the time. Is that bad

Yes, it is common. Even when one goes away, another will form.

I'm really becoming concerned for your obsession with breast cysts. They are completely normal - like having acne when you're a teen or wrinkles when you're old. You are devoting an unhealthy amount of time and energy into a completely normal situation.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I just wanted to make sure that's all. And you are completely confident that what I am feeling can no way be canceorus since I had the two ukteasounds

I am completely confident that you are fine and have nothing to worry about.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it's no possible way a cancerous pea size or marble size cancer spot can show up in 3 months at all????? If anything that is in my breast right now would have been seen or foreseen if it was bad back in dec

Several of us have been answering this same question for weeks now. The answer is the same - NO it isn't possible.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think mentally it's hard on me because do had melanoma 2 years ago and that was really difficult. I feel like now that I am forty that something bad is going to happen and my youngest child is only 7. I'm afraid I won't get to see him grow up. My melanoma was caught very early and was no big deal physically. So when they did my mammogram then another closer pic then the ultrasound it rally scared me. My report told me the location and the dimensions of my adjacent cysts. Also me report said birad2. I guess that's all good. It just scares me that's all
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hope you know I do appreciate you and I hope to hear from you soon

Melanoma and breast cancer aren't related at all. Also, BI-RADS 2 is a 100% benign, 0% chance of malignancy finding. There is no special follow-up required, just your usual yearly mammogram.

Have you had counseling since your melanoma? While it was caught early and cured it sounds like there is still some emotional scarring that needs attention. You are only 40 and shouldn't have to go through your life just thinking of dying. Your primary provider can recommend and refer you to a licensed counselor.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have and I realize they are different. But I still feel like I got lucky and something bad is gonna happen. They said my breasts were very dense and I think that scares me that they may miss something

Most women prior to menopause have dense breasts. They aren't going to miss anything.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm so sorry I thought it rated but I will try again. By the way one of the cysts feels smaller and the other feels bigger. This is so scary. But it's the same spot as the ultrasound

So far no rating has come through.

Please stop feeling your breasts! It just scares you for no reason at all. Pick one day a month a few days after your period. Then pick the same day next month. These are the only two times you should compare what your breasts feel like. They should feel approximately same on the same day of the month. They will ALWAYS vary from day to day based on your hormone levels. So examining them every day is needlessly worrying you when there is nothing wrong with them.

Best regards,

Schuyler

~

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
for the last time with having an utrasound on dec there is no chance at all there is a cancerous spot because the ultrasound would have shown something then and breast cancer can't grow that fast

For the last time, NO, there is no chance.

There is still no rating on this question so I have not been paid. You should receive an email asking for a rating each time I post here, which would be about 15 times on this question.

Schuyler

~

A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner