Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I am having severe lower abdominal pain when coughing - also

Customer Question
felt this when I yelled...
i am having severe lower abdominal pain when coughing - also felt this when I yelled tonight - I do have crohns but my GI doctor told me about three weeks ago no active crohns
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: ok
JA: Anything else I can tell the Doctor before I connect you two?
Customer: no - other than I have had a cold - but this is very severe abdominal pain - nothing else though
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
4/5/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

What is your age and gender?

Do you have shortness of breath?

Bloating,flatulence?

Constipation?

Nausea?

Are you taking any medications?

Is pain intermittent or continuous?

Burning sensation during urination?

Thanks.

Waiting for your response.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am on macrobid for recurrent UTIs. I have had diarrhea for a few weeks now (checked for CDIF - nega) pain is when I cough - so intermittent; no nausea, no vomiting, I do have an ileostomy because of Crohns, no burning with urination; on pain meds (Hydrocodone and Fentanyl for inflammatory arthritis and crohns - this pain does break through the pain meds); no bloating, no flatulence, 51, female - also on prednisone, metformin (diabetes); glimiperide,
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the pain is extreme (searing pain) - left lower abdominal
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just when I cough - and yell - I do have a parastomal hernia - but they say it is small
- stoma is on right side not left
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no shortness of breath
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ru still here?

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,your pain is severe and you are currently taking pain medicines so possible causes may include Muscle strain, Ureteric colic

So in my opinion,you should visit ER and Ultrasound Whole abdomen should be done ASAP.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.

How are you?

Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Positive feedback and bonus are appreciated if you are satisfied with our conversation.
Thanks.

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)