Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I was diagnosed with Pink eye on March 1st. I was told there

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with Pink...
I was diagnosed with Pink eye on March 1st. I was told there is nothing I can do for my particular pink eye. I have painful lid pain which remains wet and I have green sticky film coming out inner and outer corners of that eye. The skin around the eye is red and looks unsightly. i work as a receptionist ad need to look presentable. My doctor told me the only thing I can do is to wash my hands after I touch my eye. I complained to the doctor that this has been going on too long. He prescribed Tobradex eye drops. One drop 3 times a day. That helped clear away the fog I was having to look through. But all other systems are still there including the tearing. Can you tell me if a month with this ailment is normal? I don't wear makeup anymore and just don't know what to do. Can you give me any advise. I hope to hear from you. Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
3/31/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
Since when are you using Tobradex?

How is the discharge now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is my 3rd day on this. It helped clear away the fox I was looking through but my other symptoms are still the same since March 1st.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The discharge is the same,

Thank you for all the information.

There is a bacterial infection likely.

You can continue to use Tobradex.

It has both antibiotic & steroid.

Steroid will help to reduce the inflammation & swelling.

If you do not see more improvement in next 2-3 days, I would suggest to take a review by doctor.

A swab can taken for test, culture.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

Regards.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know this much. The doctor explained all this. Is there anything I can do besides the eye drops to alleviate the redness around the eye on the skin, especially the upper lid that remains wet and stings.

You can apply mild warm & moist compress.

This would increase circulation & improve healing.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you.

You are always welcome.

If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.

Best wishes.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)