Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I was diagnosed with Pink eye on March 1st. I was told there…

Customer Question
I was diagnosed with Pink...
I was diagnosed with Pink eye on March 1st. I was told there is nothing I can do for my particular pink eye. I have painful lid pain which remains wet and I have green sticky film coming out inner and outer corners of that eye. The skin around the eye is red and looks unsightly. i work as a receptionist ad need to look presentable. My doctor told me the only thing I can do is to wash my hands after I touch my eye. I complained to the doctor that this has been going on too long. He prescribed Tobradex eye drops. One drop 3 times a day. That helped clear away the fog I was having to look through. But all other systems are still there including the tearing. Can you tell me if a month with this ailment is normal? I don't wear makeup anymore and just don't know what to do. Can you give me any advise. I hope to hear from you. Thank you for your time.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/31/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
Since when are you using Tobradex?

How is the discharge now?

This is my 3rd day on this. It helped clear away the fox I was looking through but my other symptoms are still the same since March 1st.
The discharge is the same,

Thank you for all the information.

There is a bacterial infection likely.

You can continue to use Tobradex.

It has both antibiotic & steroid.

Steroid will help to reduce the inflammation & swelling.

If you do not see more improvement in next 2-3 days, I would suggest to take a review by doctor.

A swab can taken for test, culture.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

Regards.

I know this much. The doctor explained all this. Is there anything I can do besides the eye drops to alleviate the redness around the eye on the skin, especially the upper lid that remains wet and stings.

You can apply mild warm & moist compress.

This would increase circulation & improve healing.

Thank you.

You are always welcome.

If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.

Best wishes.

Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)