Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Bumps in pubic region and now on elbow, The bumps in pubic

Customer Question
Bumps in pubic region and...
Bumps in pubic region and now on elbow
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The bumps in pubic region have been there since January, I shaved today to try to get a better look and accidentally hit one and it started bleeding. And the ones on my elbow I just noticed then about last week.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Health
3/25/2016
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 1 year ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

if you shave your pubic region, this can often cause bumps from ingrown hair follicles and skin irritation.

you could be seeing normal hair follicles or infected hair follicles causing these bumps in your genital region.

on the elbow area, if the skin looks like chicken skin, you could be having Keratosis Pilaris which is a very common skin condition which causes chic***** *****ke skin with bumps on elbows.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't shave for months until today since I didn't know what it was. I'm most certain it's not a ingrown hair since I have had those before. It almost looks like a blister and there's 2 of them. Was leaning more in the direction of molluscum, just unsure.

are the blisters painful?

painful ulcers or blisters can be a sign of genital herpes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Painful to the touch, no. When I hit it with my shaver and it started bleeding, yeah that hurt. But, no pain urinating, no itching, I don't even notice they're there until I go to the bathroom and physically see it. I'll attach a picture.

they look like molloscum contagiosum.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How did you arrive to that conclusion?

by how they look a they they have a small pore or head at the center of the raised spots.

they look like water warts as well like molloscum.

they don't look like herpes.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you also ruled out genital warts as well?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what type of treatments are available?

they don't look like genital warts

gential warts look like small cauliflowers under magnification.

melloscum contagiosum goes way on its own in 6-12 months

it is not a dangerous wart.

Medical treatments include: Antiseptics such as hydrogen peroxide cream or povidone iodine solution, Podophyllotoxin cream, Wart paints containing salicylic acid or Cantharidine solution

Dr. David, Doctor (MD)