How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17826
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a 35 yr old male that suffered a sport injury on my left

Customer Question

Hi Patricia,
I'm a 35 yr old male that suffered a sport injury on my left testicle as a teenager. The blow had caused me to lose over half the testicle.
Over a period of time now, I'm starting to feel a sensation from the testicle that i can describe as a buzzing/tingling feeling. There is a tenderness and soreness from possible inflammation?
There is no issue/pain from right testicle.
Could you shed light on this concern?
Many thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Since when are you feeling it?

Is there any change in size or shape recently?

Did you consult doctor or have any test?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dr Saha,I first felt the vibration/buzzing in the testicle a few months ago, but it's come and gone. Just in the last week, I'm feeling excessive pain and numbness in the left testicle, including the vibration/buzzing.I havnt noticed a change in shape or size. The last time I had consulted a doctor was about 10 years ago, who advised that I had lost over 70% of the testicle due to the trauma I received as a 15 year old.
I also notice I'm suffering from erectile disfunction and wondering if this is related to the pain from the testicle?What tests need to be done?
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.


Please wait, I am writing the answer.

Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for all the information.

There can be a few possibilities.

The vibration or buzzing sensation can be from an irritation of nerve.

However, the recent onset pain can be from an inflammation or infection.

Pain can cause erection problem.

Prostate pain can be referred here.

I would suggest to take an examination by doctor.

You can have an ultrasound examination of testis.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.