How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29167
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My upper back and upper chest hurt as if they were bruised.

Customer Question

My upper back and upper chest hurt as if they were bruised. I touch and it hurts a lot b
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Well, I am taking Zoloft 50 mg and at night I tend to be uneasy. 3 nights ago I was particularly uneasy and it took me a long time to fall asleep. In the morning I woke up with a sore neck and arms and my upper back and neck as well as my chest up until my breast hurt as if they were bruised. I described it to my family as tender. My skin felt tender.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should be aware of?
Customer: I have been very sick with asthma and was on prednisone for three days. Now I am still on antibiotics, amoxicillin to be precise.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

These symptoms are commonly due to the muscle fatigue or soreness.

Recent infection can cause this commonly.

However underlying heart problem also should be ruled out.

You can see your doctor about it.

Ibuprofen, and adequate fluids should help in case of muscle pain.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

Related Health Questions