How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2899
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sent in info. About the loud noise in my ear. It didn't

Customer Question

I sent in info. About the loud noise in my ear. It didn't come through on my phone
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.


What is your age?

Do you have buzzing/ringing in ear?

Muffled hearing?

Stuffy nose?

Duration of symptoms?

Any medical illness?

Are you taking any medicines?


Waiting for your reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
64yo loud noise no buzzing. No nasal prob..symptoms of light buzzing
This is different and loud. Hip surg. At Olathe Jan . Meds. Lyriica flecanide,clonazepam,cardozem,cymbalta
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm in the system morphine was Dc after dich.from rehab. With hip surg . In Jan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Call me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't call can't afford
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.


As per your description,it is tinnitus and possibly it's related to medicines(Cardizem) adverse effects.

Other possible differential diagnosis may include

Ménière's disease.

Ear wax

Eustachian tube dysfunction

Blood pressure fluctuations

Your blood pressure should be checked.

Also try sleeping with your head propped up in an elevated position.

Try Valsalva manoeuvre
-Take a breath in. Then, try to breathe out gently with your mouth closed and pinching your nose . In this way, no air is blown out but you are gently pushing air into the Eustachian tube. If you do this you may feel your ears go 'pop' as air is forced into the middle ear. This sometimes eases the problem.

So you should discuss it with your doctor and if required a referral to ENT specialist can be advised.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.

Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.

If you have any further query then we can discuss it thoroughly rather than give us poor/bad service.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.