Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years as clinician in the field of Family Practice
13781349

Difference between a CT and MRI?

Customer Question

difference between a CT and MRI?
Category: Health
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

A CT scan uses x-ray radiation and the images are read in sweeps around and read be detectors and interpreted by computer. .This creates images of slices of the body... when the images are added they create a 3-D representation of the section of the body which did the CT scan...

An MRI is similar in that is creates 3-D image representation in sections in a similar fashion... but an MRI uses strong magnetic pulses and the bounce back from the magnetic pulse creates the image ... so images created are similar...

For the brain the MRI is usually better test as it may show more details ..

I hope that this information is helpful. Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you.If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback. Thank You and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD