How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Onlinedoc Your Own Question
Onlinedoc, General Physician
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2890
Experience:  B.A.M.S with experience in Medicine,Ayurveda, Integrative, CAM
Type Your Health Question Here...
Onlinedoc is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I understand that a MRI, CT and/or a MRA may be used to

Customer Question

Good Morning,
I understand that a MRI, CT and/or a MRA may be used to diagnose a transient ischemic attack.
1) Do the scans always include intravenous injections?
2) If so, where is the injection point?
3) If a blood clot is found, what is the remedy?
4) Does the remedy entail a hospital stay and for how long?
Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Onlinedoc replied 1 year ago.


MRI,CT scan and MRA with contrast require intravenous injections.

It may be delivered through a vein (IV) in your hand or forearm.

If you have had a TIA within the last 48 hours, you will likely be admitted to the hospital so that doctors can search for the cause and observe you.

You may receive blood thinners, such as aspirin,Plavix or Coumadin, to reduce blood clotting.

Surgical intervention can be done in case of a moderately or severely narrowed neck (carotid) artery.

Feel free for further queries. It's good to discuss rather than quit.
Your satisfaction is our goal.