How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17826
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend has high blood pressure...he checked it at home

Customer Question

My boyfriend has high blood pressure...he checked it at home and it's reading 168 over 114 which is extremely high? What should we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.
I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.
The level considered to be a crisis is any level of 180 / 110 mm Hg.or above.

His diastolic blood pressure or the lower number is ***** high.

At this level the risk of complications like stroke, heart attack etc. from hypertension is increased.

I would suggest to consult doctor without delay or go to ER.

Other blood pressure medicines from different group can be added.

Often water pills or diuretic is added.

This help to minimize the risk of side effects from increasing doses of one medicine.

Often combination of medicines help.

I hope this information helps.
If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.
If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.