Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My nose has been bleeding twice a day for 4 days from the

Customer Question

My nose has been bleeding twice a day for 4 days from the same nostril.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thanks for your question. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. Do you have symptoms like flu, sneezing, fever etc? Have you checked your blood pressure? What have you tried so far? If you want to talk to me directly, you can accept my premium services. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No other symptoms except losing my voice a little. Could it be sinus or allergy related? I also switched to a place diet a few weeks ago
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Do you have symptom of throat clearing again and again? Were you perfectly fine 4 days ago? Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still feeling fine except for nosebleeds
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot for your input. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concern but later you can ask anything you want. As per your symptoms and specially the duration of the nose bleed, the likely cause can be allergy or sinus infection. The other possible cause can be high blood pressure. If you are worried about anything serious, I can reassure you that it's not possible. Ideally I would suggest you to visit ER to get this examined and investigated as you will need antibiotics to get rid of this problem. If you can't visit ER then you can try OTC tablet Claritin once daily and can use OTC Otrivin nasal spray 2 puffs thrice daily till you see your doctor. You can only use this spray if you don't have high blood pressure. Ideally speaking I would again suggest you to visit ER. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is this an emergency?
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 1 year ago.

Yes it should be treated on emergency basis before it get worse. It's not very serious but you are loosing blood daily and should be treated on urgent basis. I wish you good luck and that you get well soon. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done. You can come back here to ask anything even after you have rated the answer. I will be glad to help you always. Regards