Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I had a shoulder mri and have a question just like this

Customer Question

hi i had a shoulder mri and have a question just like this person on this webpage i have "low grade bursal surface tear of the supraspinatus and undersurface fraying of the infraspinatus" and i am wondering what this is exactly..
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have had a lot of shoulder pain and clicking/joint sounds for about 10 months. i got X-rays and got many other tests. and have been doing PT for the entire time. i just got my MRI results.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Supraspinatus and infraspinatus are two muscles of the rotator cuff --the major muscle group of the shoulder.

You have low grade tear meaning minor tear of the overlying tendon membrane.

There is no full thickness tear of the tendon.

Hence you can be managed conservatively.

Steroid injection in the joint can be tried to reduce the inflammation with continuation of PT for 6 more weeks.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/