Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
5625079

Have been on Biaxin for 72 hours and still have severe night

Customer Question

Hi. Have been on Biaxin for 72 hours and still have severe night seeats, swollen glands, sore throat, cough and general fatigue. Shouldn't I be much better by now? Should I go back to the Dr.?
JA: The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Well I have been in bed sick for going on day 6. Went to Dr. on day 3 and they tested for flu and step both came back negative but they prescribed Biaxin anyway due to severe throat swelling, redness, pain and white patches. On day 3 of Biaxin now and while my fever and my body aches have disapated, I still feel very weak, still have a painful,swollen sore throat, cough and severe night sweats. I feel like I should be significantly better by now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 year ago.

I am Dr. Arun and will be helping you today.

I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

Almost 80-90% of patients get significant resolution of the symptoms by 72 hours. You do not have significant relief but your fever and body-aches had gone. It means that virulence of your causative organisms was very high. so you may consider waiting for one more day; before seeking an appointment. By tomorrow; your rest of the symptoms should get better significantly. If not; seek another prescription of different antibiotic (may be injectable), by your doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/