Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

My hand started turning purple this after noon it hasnt gone…

Customer Question
hi my hand started...
hi my hand started turning purple this after noon it hasnt gone away yet im on no meds at all should i go get it checked out tonite?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/8/2016
Health Professional: Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Anthony Bray, MD

Hello!

Yes >> have this checked further ...

It sounds that you may have a vascular problem...

It might be some delay in venous return of blood in this side ...so different possible causes exist ...

I would worry as one possible cause might be a deep vein thrombosis affecting the blood return ...

You may have swelling on affected side as well...

I think being checked at ER safest route

I hope that this information is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns

I will be happy to get back with you

If my answer has been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Let me know if you have further questions/ symptoms / concerns / updates ...

I'll be happy to get back with you

Take care!

Anthony Bray MD