Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I came down with the flu Thursday. Still feeling bad

Customer Question
...achy, no energy, cough is...
I came down with the flu Thursday. Still feeling bad ...achy, no energy, cough is getting better. Still having to take Advil for feverish symptoms. Just wondering when I should go back to work. I am assuming this is viral and not bacterial.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/7/2016
Health Professional: Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Yes this is likely viral infection since you are improving gradually.

You are not contagious 5 days after the onset of the symptoms.

Hence you can go back to work this week if possible.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Thank you for your quick response. I rarely need a Doctor, but like now I don't know if I could drive and then sit in a waiting room. Thank you again.

Very welcome

You should recover fully by next week.

Best wishes

Just an FYI, feeling worse today. I managed to get to urgent care. I needed some medications because my left lung had begun to have fluid in the lower apex. I appreciate your assessment, but it now shows me I should have gone to Urgent care yesterday. I'm still not exactly sure how much the charge was for yesterday but I don't believe I can use this service in the future but thank you.

Thanks of the update.

Online assessment cannot replace clinical evaluation.

However you did the right thing since you were not feeling better today.

Best wishes