Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

What is the best treatment for the flu currently going

Customer Question
around.? This is going on...
What is the best treatment for the flu currently going around.? This is going on 4 days and I am not seeing any improvement. Taking Tylenol 650 mg x 4 daily for joint and muscle pain. Have constant headache, diarrhea, weakness. Been in bed since Thursday night. Taking vitamin c in large doses as well 1000 mg
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/7/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)

Thank you for your question.

I am Dr Saha, I shall try my best to help you.

Viral infection or flu usually requires supportive treatment.

It gets over in 3-5 days.

You can continue tylenol, fluid.

Gatorade, ORS can be taken.

You need to remain at rest.

Peptobismol can help in diarrhea.

As you are having deep chest cough with no improvement of symptoms, I would suggest to take an examination sooner.

A bacterial infection needs to be ruled out too.

I hope this information helps.

If there’s anything else I can do, please let me know.

If you are satisfied, please rate my answer as good or excellent.

Regards.

Thank you....

You are always welcome.

If you are satisfied, please leave an excellent rating.

Best wishes.