Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I haven't had sex in at least a week but yesterday out of no…

Customer Question
Hi.. I haven't had...

Hi.. I haven't had sex in at least a week but yesterday out of no where I started experiencing a throbbing in my penis tip and the throbbing when it occurs sends the sensation from the tip to to the base along the right side but it clearly stems from the base. There is no discoloration, no pain caused by touching or massaging, or pain or discomfort caused by urination or ejaculation. It just throbs at random.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Im uncircumcised and thought maybe it originated from a poor cleaning of the area but I've taken special care to wash it extra and the throbbing hasn't subsided

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2016
Health Professional: Dr. David, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. David, Doctor (MD)

This is Dr. David

throbbing of the penis head can be from rough sex and trauma to the head of the penis from rough sex

if you drink caffeine or alcohol, this can cause burning at the tip of the penis.

if you are using body wash, this can cause dry skin of the head of the penis. you might need to use a milder moisturizing soap like Dove.

Family Physician, Doctor (MD)