How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Anil Your Own Question
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 9144
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Anil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small tender lump under my feet, Its like a small

Customer Question

I have a small tender lump under my feet
JA: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.
Customer: Its like a small round tender spot something like a hardened deadskin and when I kinda put a little pressure on it it hurts a little I sometimes use a little pair of clippers and cut it of but it comes back, I wear work boots
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Its a small round tender spot something like dead skin I use a small pair if clippers and cut it off it hurts a little when I put pressure on it I wear work boots alot
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Doctor about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.


This can be callus or corn formation.

They are hard, thickened areas of skin that form as a consequence of rubbing, friction or pressure on the skin.

As you wear work boots so it can cause friction.

Most corns and calluses gradually disappear when the friction or pressure stops, if you have to wear your boots then custom-made padded shoe inserts (orthotics) inside your boots can be helpful.

Properly positioned moleskin pads can help relieve pressure on affected area.

You can try OTC a patch containing 40 percent salicylic acid (Callus Remover, Clear Away, others).

Avoid scratching it with clippers.

Walk barefoot whenever possible, especially at home.
Soaking feet in warm water and filing the callus down with a pumice stone gently to smooth thickened skin.

Apply moisturiser on affected area also.

And see a podiatrist if it recurs again.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.

Expert:  Dr. Anil replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.