Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

I have a small tender lump under my feet, Its like a small…

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small tender lump under my feet

Doctor's Assistant: OK. The Doctor will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Doctor can help you best.

Its like a small round tender spot something like a hardened deadskin and when I kinda put a little pressure on it it hurts a little I sometimes use a little pair of clippers and cut it of but it comes back, I wear work boots

Doctor's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Doctor should know?

Its a small round tender spot something like dead skin I use a small pair if clippers and cut it off it hurts a little when I put pressure on it I wear work boots alot

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Health
3/6/2016
Health Professional: Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD) replied 2 years ago
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

This can be callus or corn formation.

They are hard, thickened areas of skin that form as a consequence of rubbing, friction or pressure on the skin.

As you wear work boots so it can cause friction.

Most corns and calluses gradually disappear when the friction or pressure stops, if you have to wear your boots then custom-made padded shoe inserts (orthotics) inside your boots can be helpful.

Properly positioned moleskin pads can help relieve pressure on affected area.

You can try OTC a patch containing 40 percent salicylic acid (Callus Remover, Clear Away, others).

Avoid scratching it with clippers.

Walk barefoot whenever possible, especially at home.
Soaking feet in warm water and filing the callus down with a pumice stone gently to smooth thickened skin.

Apply moisturiser on affected area also.

And see a podiatrist if it recurs again.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please to not forget a positive rating.

Let me know if you have any further query we can discuss it thoroughly.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Thanks.